Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shopping spree

I had a half day shopping spree at ou with my parents and elder brother this evening. To my family, thanks for the concern and support for the preparation and needs for the coming studies. I was surprised to find that my brother actually present me a luggage bag which costs RM489…I know it’s a big amount of money and thanks thanks for the thoughtful gift! I appreciate it very much. My parents too spent a big deal of portion, they bought me a few pairs of new clothing and a very cute rice cooker. It’s a Philips product called Mini Fuzzy. Knowing the name of the rice cooker has enlightened my interest on it.

I’m glad to find out that without further research, I managed to understand the concept and functionalities of the fuzzy rice cooker. Thanks to the knowledge comprehended during the fuzzy logic subject taken during my undergraduate years. I’m even more contented to learn that my fascination on the idea of artificial intelligence, an area of computer science studies which I majored all this while, has been theoretically and practically applied to appliances for reasons of better living. A little bit of knowledge sharing, the idea of the fuzzy rice cooker is to cook rice at a correct time and temperature depending on the amount of rice and water placed in the pot..the more rice it holds, longer time is taken for it to cook. On the other hand, lesser timing is used for a smaller rice portion thus preserves the nutrients for fresh and nourishing meals...cool huh? This is what we call intelligent technology.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment