Monday, November 26, 2007

Final dental surgery!

Finally, I had my third and hopefully final dental surgery early in the morning today. Guess, I’m the dental surgery champ for wisdom tooth removal in the past 3 weeks for which I had either willingly or unwillingly gone through 3 different surgeries almost every week. By now, all 4 wisdom teeth have been removed. Perhaps, becoming a frequent patient for the past few weeks made my appearance aware among receptionist, a few nurses and dentists. For once, I felt like a vip but not for a quite flattering situation. But whatever it is, thanks all for the friendly assistance.

The procedure today was relatively simple but could sound horrifying to some people. The removal of upper left wisdom tooth with a plier took exactly 5-minutes after 1 dose of anaesthetic was given on the gums around the corresponding tooth. Yep, unlike the previous experience, this time the tooth was removed by using only a plier..really, nothing else. Was this to put me on test? I was speechlessly terrified with the tool during the first dental surgery. Somehow, looking at the tooth removal plier today didn’t set me anxious feelings apart from wanting to get over with the surgery as I had other chores to settle. Alhamdulillah, I was pretty calm and it all went on well. Though it was a fast and painless process, I unconsciously slept for 7 continuous hours after coming home from the surgery. Wonder what made me felt tremendously tired as no medication was taken before/after the procedure, well apart from the anaesthetic - which I believe did not cause me the sleepy effect. At the moment, consumption of antibiotics must carry on although the gum has stopped bleeding. Again, I have to rely on nasi bubur but this didn’t kill my appetite on other cravings…can’t wait for a serving of ice cream when I’m fully recovered. Yum yum..

Thanks again to Dr Hazmyr and Nurse Min for the friendly and supportive treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Having healthy teeth is important. It can boost ones' self confidence. But whatever surgery it is, be sure to find a trusted doctor. Have a great smile!

    ReplyDelete