Friday, November 2, 2007

Education : Local vs Abroad

time really flies..it's less than a month before my scheduled departure to a country i've been long wanting to step my foot on, the united kingdom..a place where i'm expected to carry on life with presumably (precisely, definitely!) even more hectic academic calendar struggling with various possible obstacles, a place that will test my ability to be independent in all aspects a foreign student is required to have…In those days, I used to be extremely excited with the idea of going to study abroad, but these days…my perspectives somewhat changed in a way or two.. having obtained and been fully educated in home country, Malaysia for the past 24 years isn’t a bad experience after all…I highly feel what’s more important is the individual’s aspiration to become academically successful in whatever course taken, regardless of education delivery, environment, institution’s fame and endless reasons one may list.. I admit that I’m proud being a Malaysian education ‘product’…thought that by having to complete another level of education, I would be the ‘pure product’, but request from the local institution responsible to fund my coming studies leaves me limited choice to carry on with the title...also, many motives were directed towards this(where fame was never in the definition)..after all, I’m also admitting that there are more than a lot to learn from well-developed countries around the world..so, why should we leave the opportunity unoccupied? As for me, I hope to bring home and educate the coming generations with better knowledge transfer for a better Malaysian education product, within the next 3 years.. insya Allah..

So, why did I choose UK? An eternal question asked from my surroundings, an even more significant question starting from the point I’ve been tested with stumbling blocks until the final say.. a simple answer is, I’d like to take up the uk challenge in the hope to prove that age is not a gauge for academic excellence..it is way of out my intention to be supercilious with the statement, but certain things, sometimes need to be proven to gain reasonable respect. This might be vague, but enough to explain my many unsaid reasons.

Ok, enuff abt academic talk…hmm..what’s happened today? After weeks, I finally had the chance to see Zati for I was given 4 wedding invitation cards for distribution to a number of ppl..thanks so much for the invitation, Zati! yep, Zati’s getting married..from someone who’s been listening(not so much of helping tho’ :p) the previous ups and downs, I’m very happy for u on this approval..now that part of ur dream has come through, don’t’ forget on another dream of coming back within 3 years…and by then, I hope to pass you my invitation card… :p (if it’s not earlier)... to zati, congratulations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment