Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Congratulations!

Today, for the 3rd time in my life, I had another graduation ceremony where it was held at Wisma Tun Sambathan, my 5-months school during the recent Java programming course which ended just before Raya. The graduation ceremony was organized by Buzznet and MDec. How thoughtful of them to celebrate us..I’m glad to see at least half of my cheeky classmates, most of them are already working while the remaining few are starting work soon.

The ceremony was attended by Buzznet and MDec management, students from 3 classes and a few peeps from the press. Although, it was held in a smaller scale compared to other graduation ceremonies, today’s event was a cheerful one. It started off with an introductory speech by Buzznet and MDec, certificate granting to each graduand for all 3 classes and ended with a Q&A before tea. I believe, coming from a slightly distinctive work experience or academic background from the rest, I was bolt from the blue when suddenly became the first called up by Mr Zain to give up opinion..well, to answer a question actually (which I missed due to woolgathering!)..thus ended up giving my own thought about the entire programme. For once, I’m relieved to be given the ability to always stay calm and pretend confident for an impromptu speech. Heheee!

Anyway, right after that, we had a few photo sessions with friends and the management . There was a part where after the photo shoot with the management, I hand shook with one of the top management MDec people..well, he was standing next to me. While shaking hands, instead of saying “thank you”, without thinking much, I wrongly but extra confidently said “congratulations!”, perhaps my ears expected to hear the word of rejoice so much..gosh..what a huge embarrassment! The Datuk was puzzled but a friend next to me laughed his head off and thank god all of us ended up laughing out loud..and there I had the pain on the jaw due to yesterday’s surgery! At least I didn’t feel that embarrassed.. and right after another funny joke follows..I was talking to another friend who works in Johor, asking about how he’s new job is like?..and this is how I asked…“So, how’s working in Japan?” – I swear that my head tells me to say johor, but somehow the word which came out was japan! How could that?! Another token of embarrassment ..geez..i was a total clown! A female friend who was listening gave me this remark …“iskh..iskh..bila dia dah takde gigi..entah apa la yang dia ckp!"—and I had an illusion of me being really old, without teeth of course..trying to speak with great effort....we really laughed our heads off for which I was served with a bonus pain on the jaw due to the muscle strengthening..thanks to laughing! :)

We had a memorable graduation day, although Mr Govind, our mentor throughout the course could not be with us..All in all, thank you Mr Govind for the aspiration, motivation, and precious knowledge patiently yet enthusiastically delivered to all of us for the duration of 5 months. To the rest, Congratulations!(yes..this time im saying this right!) and all the best for your future endeavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment