Monday, December 29, 2008

A year has passed...

29th December 2008, today..is exactly a year since I lay my foot in the Great Britain. Wow..can't believe I'm already 12months living in another part of the world. Felt like it was only yesterday that I was busy preparing myself for the (I thought) long stay I've to bear with until my studies finish. But hey, after a year..i now feel time is ticking way too fast! huhuu..

Today, but last year...I could still recall family,relatives and friends sending me off at the airport with so much hopes and good luck wishes; thinking bout the million possibilities awaiting me during the endless journey in flight with even more questions in mind as the plane touches the ground of the completely (somewhat) new place in my life...and the next episode of my life begins...

A year in the UK has passed(so quickly). It's of course so much to say about what I've faced, what I've learned, where I've been, what I've done - well..everyone does. Perhaps, no one really wants to read the tales of a normal person. But, what I'd like to share is..I'm glad that I got myself into all the things that's happened to me for the past one year, a point which directed me to the meaning of independent(apart from others) in (very much) many aspects of life which (I hope) would result to a better me. Well, at least for now..I'm happy with myself but always hope to be not perfect but better(in if possible everything - although I know it's technically quite impossible) tomorrow, subsequently the following years.

Just 12months back, on this same day..I was at my cousin's house after a long 12hours journey from my home country. And now, 12 months later at 12am, I'm back here at his house for a short break from my studies. It feels good to have relatives around for a new year celebration. ;) Perhaps, I should be back again next year even if they're no longer here. O yes, it's also a coincidence that the new year is approaching soon, the year is celebrating its birthday again, for the 2009th. I wonder what's awaiting me in the coming year, let the new diary opens its page..

1 comment:

  1. hi un..
    i'm so surprised when i came across your blog..
    you're already did your phd now.wow..at uk.. congrat! hopefully one day i can follow your step.
    :)

    ReplyDelete