Friday, December 21, 2007

Hari Raya Aidiladha & Farewell dinner

Time really flies..It’s been a week since I last updated this blog. Not that I didn’t want to, but I had been really busy catching up with things. Time didn’t permit!

The family and I went back to our hometown for the previous Hari Raya Haji on 17th December 07. We were in Kelantan for 4 days, which passed by extremely fast. Staying at my grandmother’s house had never been boring for me, every single moment would pass with new experiences. The way my grandma lives life (the traditional way that is) inspires and teaches me that life takes a full effort in all matters to make it meaningful. I’m really close to my grandmother, she was the one who took care of me for almost a year when I was left by my parents who had to study abroad 25 years ago. At that time, I was known as the kampong baby! :) How sweet of my grandma to cook my favourite dishes during my stay at kampung and I enjoyed them to the fullest. I should be gaining 3 kgs since my stay, but am wondering why the physical appearance doesn’t expand that much. This wonder is always an unsolved mystery! and yes..it is creepy…

Anyway, we had the raya haji celebration on 20th December, Thursday.. my parents and siblings including myself took part in the qurban (cow sacrifice) ceremony. My fear for blood that would usually result to fainting excused myself from witnessing the ceremony, but I managed to get through with the niat after the slauthering. My grandmother also had a kenduri doa selamat for my coming studies. I’m so touched by her kindness for such effort though she should be resting from these having her age in the 70’s. She even spent an entire day preparing serunding daging (meat floss) for me to bring with for the studies. My gosh, the preparation was extremely tedious! It took 5 continuous hours to cook the meat floss on campfire! Thank you grandma for all of these not forgetting the few hundreds that u gave me as well as the useful advices and reminders given..I will never be able to repay your kindness and love for me. and yes, the answer to your question is, I love u so so much! It was a touching moment when both of us were in tears before I left kampung for home lastnite. I pray for your health and hope to meet, hug, kiss and do the things we always do together on my return to kampung. Insya Allah..

As the usual weekends, I had the chance to meet Tomet today. We went to ou. After so long, we actually watched a movie called ‘I’m a legend’ acted by will smith and a dog. A bit horrifying I find it, but it’s not that bad after all. We then had lunch which follows by stationeries shopping spree before having a break at the kopitiam. Thanks tomet for the wonderful day!

Later at nite, once again I went to ou to meet my closest high school friends. Thanks peeps for making it for dinner. There were Alyna, Pui San and Elsa. We had dinner at the delicious, the food were mostly good but for tonite my selection wasn’t the best. But it doesn’t really matter coz I almost had everyone’s portion! I even finished half of Pui San’s quiche..heeee..I’m a total food monster! These people were really kind to get me a gift..After a quest and a firm insist of getting me a pressie, they finally present me with the lonely planet Great Britain travel guide..Guess I won’t be lonely in the flight. Thanks so much people, for this great gift! I shall make full use of it during my stay at the new coming home. Do keep in touch ya..gonna miss u guys very much! :(

1 comment:

  1. hai unaizah ..
    hows life there ..
    sejuk tak?
    hope everything settle there ..
    makan susah tak?ahhh anda seorg tukang masak yg hebat..

    ur beloved BF, baru sehari dah miss u so much ..asik termenung jer.takper nanti ok la tu ..

    ok dont forget visit my photoblog when u free

    ReplyDelete