Saturday, December 1, 2007

The friends whom I admire

I had a few meet ups with a number of old & new friends today. Tomet & I spent almost an entire day at the Midvalley Megamall. We met Shah (one of my good & close friends during undergraduate & postgraduate studies) and Sam (my new friend who is Shah’s best friend). Shah had been my study mate during our university lives. I still remember the times during undergraduate when both of us would revise together whenever there’s a paper to sit for and would share the joy or sadness when the results appear. One thing that I really admire about Shah is that he’s an intelligent person who picks up on matters really quickly without much effort to put on. We were also lab mates during Masters. During this period, together with a few other friends we would have our lunch at the faculty’s balcony almost everyday. I can still recall our ‘marathon’ from one block to another, moving around to settle our work which at times got distracted when the faculty’s lift goes on a disturbed ‘mood’. It’s been so long since I met Shah, perhaps a year or so since Shah moved to another place to start his new job. But I’m glad to have a good contact with him; we keep each other updated with latest news once in a while.

These special friends of mine are very special in their own ways. They are indeed, unique than my other friends. I am most touched to witness the close & friendly relationship between Shah, who’s on wheelchair & Sam, who’s blind. Although disable in their own ways, that does not hinder their appreciation of each other towards friendship. I respect them even more as they’re both successful in their respective fields. Shah is now working as a researcher with the national space agency(Angkasa), the type of work which(to me) definitely demands a great degree of intellectual powers. Sam on the other hand is currently pursuing his Master’s degree at UM in the field of Counselling. I find these inspiring.

All 4 of us had lunch at Dominos and chatted all the way. It’s an enjoyable experience to share and exchange stories with these folks. Helping them shopping is also a new experience for Tomet and I, from presents to clothing to computer stuffs, we hope you guys like all the things bought today. :) The day went by quickly; we said our good byes in the evening. To Shah & Sam, keep up the enthusiasm for a greater success that awaits ahead. U guys are the best role models.

Later in the evening, Tomet and I met another friend, whom I think is also gifted with special talents for which not many people are born with. It’s is udeyismail, a humble (at times chatty but most of the time quite) yet very passionate, skilful and talented photographer. I first met Udey when he came to shoot during my previous Master’s convocation. I was really lucky as being a professional photographer, Udey’s schedules are daily fully occupied. Thanks again Udey, for the wonderful shots! I promise to one day tell this story to my future kids. :)

Udey came with a friend. The four of us had dinner at Secret Recipe. Udey’s stories reminded me of the saying that “success comes through hard work” and I’m proud this young and highly motivated friend of mine has successfully proven this right, but I believe you will someday reach the skies higher than where you have reached now. In my views, Udey has revolutionized the saying of “where there’s a will, there’s a way” to “where there’s a will, there’re many ways” to achieve the aspiration. To Udey, keep up the desire of achievements for I’m sure that better accomplishments will soon be awarded in the future.

To these peeps, thanks for coming to spend a few hours with Tomet and I. We appreciate your time & both of us look forward to meet u guys again.

No comments:

Post a Comment