Wednesday, March 12, 2008

ATC - Blog 5

The term is almost ending, and so does the ATC course. Time really flies, can't believe that I've been in the UK for almost 3 months now. But, I like it here. So, it doesn't matter, really. Hmm, today I’d like ponder a lil about what I've gained from the Advanced Technology Communication course. Honestly, enormous amount of information! A great deal of knowledge and helpful tips related to academia. ;)

Briefly, over the past few weeks, the course covered issues about explaining a research work within a few seconds; writing good publications which includes writing abstracts, understanding the general structure of a publication, peer reviewing academic paper, etc.; giving effective presentation for both posters and oral. I learnt the most from poster presentation discussions. Although I’ve had previous experiences publishing posters at conferences and exhibitions, the skills and guidelines shared within the class are the few ‘easy-to-follow’ and ‘why didn’t I think about..’ tips which could tremendously change the appearance of a poster to a more appealing and interesting presentation. We had to do a poster presentation as part of the assignment. There was a class where we had to bring our poster drafts for discussion before they’re finalized and printed for presentation. I find this session valuable and helpful as there’s room for improvements. So, here I present the enhancement made to the poster after a fruitful discussion with classmates and lecturer, thanks all!

Before :


After :


1 comment:

  1. like the new poster! much clearer layout. Shame you lost the 'tipping scales' diagram, which I really thought was effective, but I can see how it wouldn't have fitted in the new layout. The way you've done the pros and cons is still fine :)

    ReplyDelete